Friday, March 1, 2013

USC Quidditch World Cup 2013 Headband Fundraiser

I can't be more excited about my fundraiser to help USC Quidditch get to World Cup this year!


USC Quidditch team

Don't know about the new competitive full-contact sport called Quidditch? Yes, it's almost exactly what you think it is. Players run around with a broom between their legs during gameplay in one of the positions first described by none other than J.K. Rowling, herself. There are keepers, seekers, chasers, beaters, and snitches. Players designate their positions by wearing a certain colored headband.

Blue team: Arizona Wildcats, Red team: Utah Crimson Fliers

White headbands for chasers, green headbands for keepers, black headband for beaters, and yellow headbands for seekers (and snitches). This picture is good because it shows all player positions in the same frame!
Want more information on Quidditch? Visit here and here.

Anyway, back to my fundraiser:
I'M GOING TO CROCHET AND KNIT HEADBANDS FOR PLAYERS IN THEIR POSITION'S COLOR!!!! CUSTOM NAMING AND OTHER HEADBAND EMBELLISHMENT SERVICES OFFERED AS WELL.

And the best part:
FOR MEN AND WOMEN. CAN SWAP FOR OTHER COLORS FOR NON-PLAYERS.

Starting on this project asap. My mind is already racing, trying to determine how to best produce these headbands. For starters, I'll try making four different styles of headbands (knit and crochet for men, knit and crochet for women). And I'm pretty sure I'll have to make at least one headband everyday. These babies are in high demand. After attending a few Quidditch tournaments, I know how easily players can lose beloved headbands.

STAY TUNED. More details to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment