Sunday, April 21, 2013

New Projects for the End of April

Along with plans to make a second Cassandra Cowl, I have started two new projects that I can't wait to finish!

The first:
This is a cowl I am making for mom. This is Angel Hair Stripes yarn made of acrylic, nylon, and wool and was found at Michaels. It's a soft cheap yarn used to make comfy winter accessories and gives rise to cool textured stripes in this pattern: knit 4 rows, purl 4 rows.

The second:
This is a wonderful knit using fabulous Debbie Bliss Andes yarn. It is a baby alpaca and silk blend, giving the piece a gorgeous sheen as well as a soft and luxurious feel. I am making a checkered texture using this pattern:  (K5 P5 for five rows, then P5 K5 for five rows).

These projects will be done soon, as they are both really easy knits. Then I plan on making two unique pieces for my sister's birthday that just recently passed. Details on that tomorrow, when I actually buy my yarn!

And now I shall leave you with a sleepy pablo, sleeping wherever his sleepy heart desires, like right on top of my yarn bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment