Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Craft Fair Adventures at Bust Craftacular LA

So I've started a new feature called Craft Fair Adventures (CFA because acronyms are easier). I LOVE going to craft fairs and exploring all of the goodies offered by local artisans. It's a great way to pay it forward and support my community. I'm slowly transitioning toward owning things that are handmade and have more of a personality, if you feel me. I'm tired of all of my stuff being "Made in China," tired of the disappointment faced when my cheap garment disintegrates after less than a year, and tired of the idea of outsourcing in general. 

Anyway, my sister and I ventured to Bust Craftacular LA last weekend and was fortunate to end up with a goodie bag upon entering the event! 


Along with stashing business cards from all the vendors, I ended up purchasing some delicious dairy-free chocolates (caramel-salted dark chocolate. no words.) from Les Beaux Chocolats and Pink Grapefruit Soy Melts from The Awesome Candle. Really though, the business cards are one of the best parts of attending craft fairs. You take a piece of the vendor home with you regardless if you bought something from them or not. You get to see their art on display fo' free, friends! Best deal imo. Below are some of my favorite business cards:

And last but not least, my splurge. This beaut right here, this magestic piece of hand-stitchery I have ever laid eyes on, this large knitting project bag from Slipped Stitch Studios:

Worth. Every. Penny.

Also not sure if you noticed, but the background in the above pics is the same piece of linen. I was messing around with the lighting options to try and get the best possible picture. My point-and-shoot has DSLR potential, but there's still so much I have to learn about photography, especially trying to figure out the mystery of lighting. If you have any advice, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Some more pics I took with my phone (these don't do the fair justice, sorry):



Slipped Stitch Studio's set-up.

Blarney Yarn's gorgeous hand-painted rovings among other things. 


I don't even know what's going on in the above picture, I just know I couldn't look away. 

And let us not forget the Yarnover Truck! Had to stop by here just to look at the yarn. HAD TO.

Until the next fair!

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment