Thursday, February 28, 2013

Massage Therapy

Are you a fellow neck/shoulder pain sufferer? 
CHECK THIS --> LINK <-- FOR TREATING NECK/SHOULDER PAIN 

Source: Wikipedia

I LOVE to knit and crochet. These hobbies require a huge time investment, so it's not uncommon for me to sit in the same position for a few hours . Not surprisingly, my neck muscles (mostly my trapezius) feel sore, sometimes for hours, after completing a project.

Here are some quick tips I've learned for decreasing my neck pain:
  • Become more aware of your posture. Mindfulness is extremely important. Do you slouch when you sit? Notice the curvature of your back and notice the location of your arms and your shoulders. Notice how your body feels. I looked at old pictures of myself and was found guilty of slouching. This helped me realize that I needed to change my behavior.
  • Take small breaks. Stretch and do yoga. Lengthen your neck muscles and embrace the stretch. Keep your muscles active. See the link for target stretches.
  • Get a massage. See your local massage therapist or get close and comfy with your iron-fisted friend. Use a foam roller and tennis balls for a DIY massage.
  • Drink water. Drink plenty.
This is something that can benefit you FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. If you are in pain, please don't hesitate to help yourself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment