Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Quick knit: Chevron Hat

It looks cute but this hat (unfortunately) is way too small to fit my head!


I used this chevron hat pattern (followed it exactly) and Purl Soho's lovely new worsted weight yarn.

Couple of notes:
The ribbing is too short
          -I will make the ribbing longer for my next hat
The top of the hat decreases too much too soon, making the hat look all weird and square
         -I will modify this to make more of a smoother, less square look
I want thicker chevrons
         -I will make 6 row repeats instead of 2 row repeats

I still have plenty of yarn left over to make another hat and will surely make the necessary modifications so I can wear it during the upcoming cold season.

Lovely update picture coming soon!

4 comments:

  1. i am relatively new to knitting and have yet to try any color work. this is lovely! i found your blog through one sheepish girl, it's nice to meet you. :)

    ashley

    amariesincerely.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :3 It's nice to meet you too! You know, this will be perfect for your baby since this hat is small. Let me know if you're interested!

      I'll see you around on your blog, too. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. That IS a cute hat! Perhaps you could donate it to a children's charity?
    Good luck modifying the pattern so the next one fits!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! What a great idea! I could donate it, but the problem is that the top of the hat just doesn't look great AT ALL when worn. It looks all pointy and rectangular and just not that cute as pictured here.

      I'll be recycling this yarn for sure and make another hat out of it.

      Also I ended up modifying the pattern in this post here http://thelovelyzzzs.blogspot.com/2013/09/updated-chevron-hat.html

      Thanks again for your kind words!

      Delete