Thursday, January 23, 2014

Finished Cowl: __________

I don't have a name for it yet (I'll call it Nameless for now), but I can't wait to show you pictures of just what the heck I created.

So remember this picture from this post?

Yeah the original plan was to cast off in stockinette, and I did just that. But I was soon disappointed by just how much the ends curled. I wanted the cowl to be big and loose with a delicate curl, but these curled ends shrunk the cowl by a ridiculous 6 inches lengthwise! I decided to give the cowl a border to re-establish the desired length and chose some 12 ply cashmere from my stash. I wanted the borders to be sturdy enough to take the curl out of the cowl and decided that seed stitch would do just that. After picking up the stitches I just cast off, I made the top border shortly followed by the much lengthier bottom (just for flavor) and ended up with this piece of work:

I am muuuuch happier with the results. The cowl is thick and cozy and warm le sigh. The yarns also feel so soft, it's amazing. I'm in a tactile heaven right now. Check out my project page for more info!

1 comment:

  1. Your cowl looks great! I'm always a fan of seed stitch. xoxo