Sunday, July 20, 2014

Crocheted Drawstring Bag



LOOK I MADE A BAG! I'm obsessed with it. I love the fact that it's made out of 100% cotton. I love the fact that it's drawstring. It's the perfect bag for summer and I have been shamelessly using it every day!  

Here are more pics of the bag details:
I accented the bag with some DMC floss just for fun.

As you can tell, the crocheted fabric has generous holes in it and I wanted the bag to hold my items, not lose them all over town or at the beach! To solve this problem I hand-sewed a Baggu zip bag on the inside to hold my smaller personal items.


Trying to determine what to use for the drawstring was the more challenging part. Initially I triple-stranded leftover blue and white cotton yarn and crocheted a bunch of chains to use as the drawstring. But this caused a lot of friction and made it hard to pull the bag closed, so I opted for another material.

I used Neon Lacing from Purl Soho and I'm happy with the result. Makes for strong straps that support the weight of the bag quite well!


Let me know what you think! What summer bags are you currently obsessed with?

No comments:

Post a Comment