Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Fabric Art

I recently got my hands on some cute liberty fabric samples and tried to come up with a fun way to use them. I thought framing the fabric would be nice! I first wanted to make something that appeared well-coordinated but at the same time exciting. Just framing the samples without modifying them created a crazy and busy piece. So I tried using my imagination (in the form of scissors) in the hopes of adding life to one piece of fabric using a unique piece of a pattern from another piece of fabric. This is what I came up with:


I tried to create a beautiful plant rising out of a field of flowers during sunset. My imagination really ran wild for this piece ;)



I continued cutting holes and cutting out patterns to come up with these two:


They look great on display too!

This is an easy project that can be done with any patterned fabric, not just liberty.

Liberty also feels amazing (and is super costly), so if I were to buy liberty fabric, I would go all out and make myself a nice shirt or something (I don't have a sewing machine, but oh if that day comes!). 

Anyway, happy crafting friends! Have you made any fun projects with leftover fabric? 

No comments:

Post a Comment