Saturday, July 5, 2014

Porcupine Sweater

Have you ever seen Kristina McGowan's book More Modern Top-Down Knitting? It's filled with beautiful pictures and chic patterns that I feel are just my style. One garment that particularly caught my attention was the Porcupine Sweater, with its intriguing texture that also looked like a fun piece to knit. I had never knit top-down before so I was also excited to try a new knitting technique.



The piece starts out with provisional cast on, another new technique for me. I started this piece back in March during my blog hiatus and man, has it has been such a great learning experience! I can confidently say that I will try knitting top-down more often because it's much easier to modify to fit my body type and (best thing ever) I get to try the piece on while it's a WIP. So exciting! 

Here are my progress pics from my phone/instagram of my first ever top-down sweater! 

Yarn: Cascade Venezia
Needles: US 6 circulars






So cool. I LOVE progress pics and watching my piece come to life! I haven't made the sleeves yet because I've been distracted by many other things (blog design, current crochet projects, typical crafty things), but that's fine because the yarn I used is a wool/silk blend. No bueno for summer in the OC. I will most likely finish this baby at the end of the summer so I can remember to wear it during a more appropriate time of the year. ;]

If you've knit anything top-down I'd love to see! 

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment